Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tiled maps and such

So I've moved on from the inventory portion and the profile portion to trying to make an actual level or tiled map. I've run into a problem in that all the resources I've found that go over any sort of tile or map engine or whatever you want to call it, all of them are using XNA. Now that alone isn't really all that problematic, but I've run into something called SpriteBatch. Now I kinda know what it does, but not enough right now to figure out how to make a unity equivalent.

~Sigh~ So I'll be tackling that. I would just use uTiled and then use Tiled maps, but I need to know how to make a character navigate using the tiles and indexes, so I need to know how such things work under the hood so to speak.

Then again maybe I'm over complicating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment