Tuesday, March 31, 2015

WIP: Special move animation

The dragon breeds will get their own special move animation. For the European dragon I was going for a classic dragon move- breathing fire! Or it could be interpreted as a giant roar. I may have over scoped this one though as I keep getting into animating it but it keeps getting longer and needing more frames. It worries me because I wanted to make the dragon sprites for an entire breed in about a month. I figured that I'd use the current sprites as a base and replace parts as needed to match the look but keep similar animations. If the special is different though and will take a while, it means I wont be able to release a dragon breed in a short period of time... perhaps. This sort of speculation is all touchy since I'm not focusing my efforts on just one breed of dragon's art assets, let alone working on just the game either. So it's really hard to say.

Update to the work in progress:


No comments:

Post a Comment